Rinn

Rinn Reads

I've always been a big reader - it runs in the family. I read pretty much every genre, but my particular favourites are sci-fi and fantasy, with the occasional thriller, historical fiction or YA novel thrown in.

Dear Fatty
Dawn French
Progress: 37/368 pages
Throne of Glass II
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 233/432 pages
Lies of the Fearless - Luke Wood, Elliott Smith I admire the author for choosing self-publishing over a publishing house. He clearly has a great passion for writing. He tackles some difficult and dark subjects, but as someone who suffered from depression for several years, to me it doesn't feel like it is written by someone who has experienced these emotions. The last line of one poem, written in capitals, seemed really odd - I understand what the author was trying to get across, but it made it seem somewhat less poetic. I have to admit I'm not the biggest poetry fan, but I just couldn't really get into this - perhaps it was the subject matter.I have lent the book to some friends so they can also review it.A few notes for the author re: editing - the font changed a bit erratically, and the Foreword was labelled as 'Forward'.Also posted on my blog, Rinn Reads.