Rinn

Rinn Reads

I've always been a big reader - it runs in the family. I read pretty much every genre, but my particular favourites are sci-fi and fantasy, with the occasional thriller, historical fiction or YA novel thrown in.

Dear Fatty
Dawn French
Progress: 37/368 pages
Throne of Glass II
Sarah J. Maas
Progress: 233/432 pages
I Hunt Killers - Barry Lyga, Lyga Barry This book generated some really interesting ideas - if you are brought up in a violent environment, does it lead you to become violent yourself? Despite his inner battles, realising how easily he could kill people, and his sociopathic tendencies, Jasper was a really likeable character. He was cocky, but not too much so, determined, and although he didn't realise it, a genuinely kind person.I felt all the characters were pretty three-dimensional. Howie was the obvious comic relief, but this really worked, and it was nice that Connie was such a strong character - so many of these types of books have weak females in. I guessed the killer quite early on but this somehow didn't ruin the ending. The ending did, however, seem rather open, perhaps leaving room for a sequel. It did feel like things weren't quite rounded up.Personally I really enjoy crime novels, and this was fast-paced and easy to read, with intelligent characters.Also posted on my blog, Rinn Reads.